William Buck and Mellor Olsson invite you…
To a seminar that will provide a useful update/refresher on employment taxes and the legal obligations of employers. This seminar will be helpful for CFOs and finance teams in understanding employers obligations and responsibilities.
Date: 19th March 2019
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Level 6, 211 Victoria Square
This seminar will cover the following topics:
Part 1: FBT and Employment Taxes
- Recent changes in law
- Single Touch Payroll – areas to focus
- Employment tax obligations of employees vs. contractors
- Getting ready for FBT year end:
- ATO audit activity/focus area
- FBT exemptions and reductions
- Tips and traps
Presented by Andrew Nicola, Tax Director at William Buck.
Part 2: Employment Law – The Risks of Getting it Wrong
- Record keeping and systems – are they up to date?
- The reversed onus of proof
- Common errors often overlooked that cost money
- Redundancy – common mistakes
- Classification of workers
- Contractors v employees – the cost of getting it wrong
- Long Term casuals – the ticking time bomb that could destroy businesses and why the government regulation hasn’t fixed the problem
- Personal liability of senior staff
Presented by Elizabeth Olsson, Senior Associate at Mellor Olsson Lawyers.
To register for this years Employment Taxes & Legal Obligations Seminar click here. Be sure to RSVP by the 11th March 2019. *Numbers are limited